We’re always looking for highly motivated and talented people to join our team of real estate and property management professionals.
Working at District
District Realty has been growing steadily ever since we opened our doors in 1987. With this growth come numerous opportunities for advancement within our company, which offers competitive pay and an excellent benefit package.
We place a great deal of importance on teamwork and respect. Our office is home to an open door atmosphere where all employees, at all levels, are encouraged to contribute and share their ideas and suggestions.
A career at District Realty also offers the advantages of continuous professional development. Most of our employees, including all superintendents and site staff, are sent to several training courses and workshops to improve and update their management, maintenance, and tenant relations’ skills. In addition, we give our site staff the tools they need to complete their work at the highest level.
While we focus on achieving results, District Realty also cares deeply about family and providing a balanced lifestyle between work and home. That’s why we close our offices at 3:00 p.m. every Friday during the summer and provide our employees with a variety of fun activities such as birthday lunches, golf days, company hockey nights, and other social team-building events.
Whether you’re looking for a career as a real estate sales representative, property manager, or building administrator, the most important thing to us is that you believe in our core values and are dedicated to upholding the professional standards that have made us the leader in Ottawa for commercial property management and commercial real estate.
Please feel free to contact us if you’re interested in joining our company.
Full-Time Commercial Building Operator Position
The Building Operator is responsible for overseeing multiple commercial properties within the Ottawa area. A willingness to learn on the job and experience performing minor repairs are essential to this position.
Some responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Addressing maintenance requests from tenants in a timely manner;
- Inspecting properties and maintaining them to a high standard;
- Some cleaning and grounds work as required;
- Minor maintenance repairs;
- Contacting/ coordinating contractors when necessary;
- Performing scheduled maintenance on building equipment and meter readings;
- Shovelling and salting in winter months.
Applicants MUST have their own vehicle as the position will involve travel between several different properties.
Additionally, applicants must be willing to participate in a regular on-call rotation.
Previous experience is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Experienced Live in Superintendent – Downtown location
The Superintendent is important to the successful operation of a multi-residential portfolio. The role is responsible for the physical maintenance and safety of the building(s) and surrounding property and its occupants. The primary functions require the Superintendent to have a service-oriented approach, excellent communication skills, and work flexible hours including on-call requirements and month-end responsibilities.
- Ensure the building is safe, clean, and presentable at all times.
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction is maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to resident needs
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct
- Handle all resident issues, inquiries, feedback, concerns and complaints quickly and professionally, escalate when required
- Meet and interact with residents in a courteous and professional manner
- Performs resident service requests in a prompt and friendly manner
- Provide service information to residents, as required
- Showing units to perspective tenants.
Administration / Health & Safety:
- Understand and abide by company policies, the Residential Tenancies Act, Privacy Act, Health and Safety standards, Workplace Violence and Harassment , AODA including Accessible Customer Service, Municipal Property Standards By-Laws, and any other applicable legislation governing day-to-day operations -Be thoroughly familiar with and adhere to the company’s Health & Safety Policy
- Be familiar with and adhere to the company’s Health & Safety Policy
- Ensure a complete knowledge and understanding of WHMIS, and ensure all contractors and vendors comply with safe handling guidelines; immediately report infractions, hazardous conditions, or damaged equipment to supervisor
- Be thoroughly familiar with our emergency procedures including fire, flood, elevator entrapment, power outage, and mold remediation.
- Administrative duties including use of technology, to document service requests and the resolution thereof.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all maintenance systems (pumps, emergency generators, boilers, HVAC, chillers, swimming pools, sprinklers, etc.)
- Complete maintenance requests within 24 hours to ensure resident safety and satisfaction
- Complete appliance repairs, routine plumbing repairs, repairs and maintenance requiring carpentry skills, painting, and basic electrical repairs
- Complete general maintenance in common areas including but not limited to the garage and parking lot, rooftop, mechanical rooms, etc.
- Ensure all mechanical and exit doors are secure and properly function at all times
- In the event of an emergency where the Property Manager is unavailable the superintendent will assume all responsibilities for ensuring the proper sub-trade is contacted and complete follow up until the situation is rectified.
- Responsible for the opening and locking of apartment doors for maintenance and service personnel when entry by the resident has been duly authorized.
- Review suites on turnover and complete a scope of work consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate month-end duties and responsibilities including apartment inspections, scheduling of contractors for turnover
- Monitor building service contract performance to ensure prudent, cost effective practices are constantly observed
- Review and evaluate repairs and maintenance requests to ensure they meet budgetary and operational expectations
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management
- Ensure property, grounds, and vacant suites are kept clean in accordance with company standards
- Assume necessary safety precautions as required during inclement weather by shoveling, sanding, and salting sidewalks -and building entrances and post necessary caution signage
- Complete salt logs
- Ensure the interior and exterior is litter and garbage free and checks compactor room and bins
- Prepare and organize waste, recycling, organic bins to maintain order and cleanliness in the designated garbage areas. Move waste, recycling, organic bins to prescribed zones for established pick up days
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all electrical, mechanical and other work areas including supply rooms and storage areas
- Perform cleaning duties according to established standards and frequencies
- Minimum High school education or equivalent is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience or an apprenticeship or combination thereof
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service delivery
- Good judgement and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to safely use and maintain tools of the job
- Knowledge of mechanical and HVAC systems and experience in related repairs
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook
- Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including Residential Tenancies Act, Privacy Act.
- Strong team player
- Show initiative and demonstrates sense of ownership
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license would be considered an asset
- Able to work on feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift, push and pull heavy objects (up to 50 lbs for cleaning and maintenance purposes)
- Including garbage bins, furniture, appliances, etc.
- Able to work on call for after hour emergencies
Previous experience is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time