If you’re interested in renting one of our Ottawa apartment or townhouse rental properties and want to get a head start on the apartment rental application process, you can do so here – District Realty Offer to Lease 2020.
Before you move in, be sure to view our Ottawa apartment tenant policies and regulations.
A consumer report containing your personal information will be prepared in connection with your offer to rent. We will treat all information obtained from your application form in a confidential manner and will never sell or distribute your information to outside parties.
How To Apply
In order for the property manager to review an application, you must first:
- Fill out a District Realty Rental Application Form (“Offer to Lease ”) ensuring that all fields are filled out – this includes current and previous employment, education and addresses. This document must be signed and initialed on page 2 of the form or else it will be considered incomplete. It must also be made very clear which unit and property, as well as which move in date, you are applying for.
- Provide supporting documents – we must have proof of income (most recent year T4 or 3 most recent paystubs) or proof of savings (3 most recent months’ bank statements) to support the application. If you are a student, we must also have proof of enrollment. These documents must be included with the application when it is being submitted.
- Provide a certified cheque or money order as Last Month’s Rent deposit (“LMR”) payable to District Realty in trust. The amount of this payment would be dependent on the going rental rate for the unit. This must be included with your application when it is being submitted or else it will not be processed. We do not accept e-transfers.
- Provide a copy of government-issued photo ID with signature.
- Guarantors must submit an application form as well as all aforementioned supporting documents with the application when it is being submitted. Please be advised that the property manager may request a guarantor upon an initial review of an application. Guarantors will be requested when an applicant is a student or is not employed.
- Landlord reference – it is very important that you ensure that your current and/or previous landlord(s) are prepared to give references upon request.
Once all of the above documents are prepared, you are welcome to drop them off at the head office, or on-site at an arranged time with the superintendent, during regular business hours. Alternatively, you can scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org where they will be forwarded to the appropriate administrator.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Complete applications are given priority processing. If you are sending your application electronically, you must still bring in the deposit in order for the application to be processed by our administrators. Rent payments for approved tenants must be paid via pre-authorized payments which you must set up during the pre-move in process.