- Division: Residential
- Term: Full-Time
- Location: Ottawa
Assist the Superintendent in the completion of his duties which may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all tenant activity relating to moving in and out of the building
- Ensure that the Tenants have a clean, safe, well-maintained property
- Ensure the maintenance requests from Tenants are addressed on an immediate, one-call basis if possible and that Tenants are notified of any delays which may be necessary due to the ordering of parts or contractor availability
- Continually inspect the property and the improvements, record deficiencies, and report same to your immediate supervisor
- Perform electrical repairs and maintenance on fixtures, switches, outlets, lighting, ballasts, etc.
- Perform plumbing work such as cleaning blockages, replacing fittings, repair of taps, replacing toilet seals, flush valves, etc.
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, fixtures, locks, etc.
- Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, adjusting windows, etc.
- Perform building cleaning and grounds work as necessary, including, where required on, unit turnovers
- Perform light repairs to building exterior such as signage, painting of exterior surfaces, minor parking lot repairs, etc.
- Have knowledge regarding the water and gas meter cutoffs, all-suite and fixture cutoffs, and the location of sewer cleanouts
- Have and exercise knowledge regarding all electrical breakers and panel interrupters
- Provide emergency service coverage to the property during off-duty hours as scheduled
Adhere to maintenance and purchasing directives of the company within the policies and procedures of the company, including but not limited to:
- Property inspections
- Maintenance work orders
- Landscaping and ground maintenance
- Special maintenance needs
- Scheduled testing of emergency equipment
- Purchase order procedure
- Stock control procedures
Adhere to all company directives as procedures and policies are set down from time to time.
- Group Health Insurance after three-month probationary period
- Pension plan after 2 years of employment